(And by "epic" I mean holy sweet Lord in Heaven let me make it through this kthankxbye)
1. T minus 2 days until I begin my voyage from Georgia to Wisconsin with 2 small children. In the car. By myself. In a brief moment of weakness last night, I thought, "Is driving really better than flying?" I started thinking about the last
Note that we have not yet boarded the plane.
2. Nope. No way, no how. Driving wins, no matter how long the trip may be. At least I can STOP somewhere if the kids are losing it in the car. Kind of hard to do that mid-air, flying over Missouri.
3. Surely by now you're thinking, "well, clearly Marisa has this all planned out. She must be all set with a map detailing every possible rest stop, the fastest route back to Wisconsin, and her SUV is already vacuumed, cleaned out and armed with enough toys, coloring books and diapers to get her through an apocalypse." LOL. Not quite. I've managed to throw together two freezer meals for Will and take a brief look at Mapquest.
4. Current plan for tomorrow: sleep in while Will gets up with the kids, and makes coffee for us and Nutella crepes for everyone. Get the house straightened up, laundry under control, begin packing (okay, first I should probably make a list), finish making freezer meals for Will, clean out the car and do a major vacuuming job, pack car with non-perishable food items and games and toys to keep kids
5. So, uh, while I'm at it, anyone got any ideas for toys/games for a 1-year old in the car? I can handle Tony. Alessandra...she's my wild card.
6. Despite the craziness I'm anticipating, I'm really looking forward to our time in Wisconsin. A chance to see family and friends again, good restaurants, park dates with my kids and my friends' kids, etc.
7. So....if anyone could offer up a few prayers for a safe and relatively painless trip for us, I would greatly appreciate it. Pretty sure we're going to need all the prayers we can get.
|With these two innocent faces, what could possibly go wrong??|
For more Quick Takes, visit Jen at Conversion Diary!