Balsamic Roast Beef



I know, you can't believe it-I'm actually doing a recipe post! (On a blog that began, and remained, a food blog for almost four years! Who would have thought??). For those of you who follow me on Pinterest, despite pinning a ridiculous amount of savory recipes, I've really been quite lazy about trying new things lately. I'm totally going to blame it on my infant daughter, because babies are convenient like that. But if you want the truth, like I said, I'm lazy and it's very easy for me to make my tried-and-true recipes overandoverandoverandover again. 

However, I've been feeling lately like I've been in somewhat of a food rut, so I decided to try a new recipe. My requirements: above all, it HAD to be easy. No "super simple 30-minute meals that end up taking an hour and a half due to ridiculously long food prep for those of us who don't have cooking assistants hanging out at our homes" (not naming names here, but I'll give you a hint and say that the particular chef in question has a popular show on the Food Network!). It had to be relatively healthy, and it had to have ingredients that I normally keep around my house. Done, done and done. Plus, lately I'm a huge fan of any recipe that involves me throwing a few ingredients in the crockpot and forgetting about it for 7-8 hours. Technically, this is supposed to be a French Dip type of sandwich, but since I'm watching my weight I didn't want to have a lot of extra carbs. I served this with a side of green beans and rosemary couscous. Delish!!!
Source: Add A Pinch

Ingredients:

  • 1 3-4 pound boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • ½ cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
Directions:

1. Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker.
2. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients.

3. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
4. Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over roast beef. (I just shredded it in the crockpot).
5. Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.

Comments

  1. My does that look good! BTW, could it be that Will's being a runner is related to the fact that his wife is such an inventive talented cook? I mean he eats well and burns the calories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! :) Will jokes that if he didn't run 5-6 times/week, he would be flagged by the Army for being overweight (it happened once before, when we were living in Germany. Remind me to tell you sometime about the "noodle" jokes).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts