Friday, December 28, 2012
7 Quick Takes-Post Christmas Celebrations
1. If you read my last 7 Quick Takes post, you may recall that I mentioned seeing my midwife because I wasn't feeling all that great. Turns out, my instincts were correct; I came down with a sinus infection and spent over an hour on Christmas Eve day at my doctor's office getting a pregnancy-safe prescription for an antibiotic. Ugh. I'm still not feeling all that great, although slightly better than I did a few days ago. Which leads me to my second point...
2. I was feeling my absolute worst on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. By the time 11:30 pm rolled around on Christmas Eve, I was coughing so hard I seriously thought I was going to break a rib. Not to mention, Tony decided to partake in Occupy the Crib the night before, and he had kept Will and I up until 4:30 am. We were not amused, and spent most of the day wandering around the house in a perpetual state of exhaustion. Will and I regretfully decided to forgo Midnight Mass, as I doubted I would make it through without hacking up a lung. I went to bed feeling very sad that I was missing one of my favorite masses of the year.
3. All that being said, we had a lovely Christmas. My in-laws were in town for a few days, and they stayed with us and we had a wonderful time. Mr. RigaTony was very spoiled by everyone, and he was getting so overstimulated/over-excited with the presents that he didn't even end up unwrapping all of them. He still has a couple under the tree...I'm pretty sure we're going to include those presents for his birthday bash. Cuz you know, if my toddler was overstimulated at Christmas, I'm SURE he won't be overstimulated at his birthday celebration with balloons, cupcakes and presents. Ha.
4. If someone could reassure my husband that I haven't developed another uterine infection out of the blue, I would consider it a great personal favor. Will is in hyper-concerned mode about me right now, because I'm absolutely parched all the time but I have absolutely no appetite. (I'm eating because I have to for T-Quad, but I never feel hungry. I'm sure it has everything to do with the sinus infection and not an indication of anything more serious). However, these were the signs I displayed the week before Will rushed me to the ER with a uterine infection-I will also add that I had just given birth 12 days before-so he's pretty paranoid. Understandably so, and honestly it's very sweet of him, but I can only tell him "it's not a uterine infection!" so many times without feeling like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop.
5. So far this holiday season, I have managed to break three ornaments and smash two of the lights on our Christmas tree. Not too shabby considering we have a toddler who wants to touch every ornament on the tree every chance he gets.
6. Our cloth diaper stash is growing and I'm very pleased with it. I will take a picture of it (sometime) and post it. I'm always open for more suggestions on what I could use.
7. Our desktop had a faulty video card and it more or less shut down. Will spent over two hours on the phone with an HP rep last week, and they had him send the computer in to be fixed (fortunately, it was still under warranty). We received the computer back today, eagerly opened up the box, plugged it in...and discovered that our faulty video card was replaced with ANOTHER faulty video card. We were not happy campers. Poor Will spent another hour on the phone with an HP rep, and they are sending us yet another video card. On one hand, I want it to work because I miss the desktop and I don't like Will's laptop. On the other hand, this is getting ridiculous and I'm about thisclose to demanding that HP replace our desktop entirely. So there.
For more 7 Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!